Classic Design Concepts
1999 - 2000 Mustang Hood Scoop Instructions:
- Place Hood Scoop on hood and check fit before painting.
- Place Hood Scoop on hood in installation position. Clean hood with isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol in area where acrylic bonding tape contacts hood. It is Imperative that tape area is free of wax before mounting hood scoop.
- Peel red backing on acrylic tape exposing only 3 inches of adhesive on each tape run, fold outward so that tape backing is sticking out from under scoop.
- Place scoop on hood and adjust placement for proper fit.
- Peel red backing from tape and press scoop edges firmly to set all taped edges.
- Raise hood and remove heat blanket from bottom side, which is attached with pushpins.
- You will need to drill two 1/8" holes on each side for rivets in the forward section of scoop
- Clean cuttings and burs from inside of Hood Scoop.
- Cover rivets with black silicone to seal them.
- Install Rivets.
- Enjoy your hood and please do not hesitate to e-mail or call with any questions or concerns.