Camaro / Firebird / Trans Am Light Bar Installation Instructions:
- Lower convertible top.
- Remove seat buns (2) 13mm bolt.
- Remove folding back seat. Remove lower corner pivot bolts, 13mm.
- Remove two screws i per side on threshold molding and pull back slightly.
- Remove trim panels; remove striker bolts t-45 torx, trim panel "hats", 2 phillips screws (i per side); trim panel light connection.
- Remove seat belt bolts (left, right, upper, and lower) 4 total.
- Lower light bar into vehicle. Brackets will line up to seat belt. Anchor points. Reuse factory seat belt bolts and tighten. Top brackets are mounted on top of the seat belt bracket. Lower brackets are mounted on top of the seat belt brackets. Tighten.
- Cut out template with scissors.
- Position templates on top of trim panels and mark notches (left and right accordingly) and trim.
- Lights in trim panels need to be rotated 180 degrees to give extra clearance for the light bar.
- Reinstall trim panels and trim panel "hats".
- Reinstall threshold moulding screws.
- Reinstall rear seat back. Be careful not to scratch trim panels when reinstalling, also remove seat belt guides to provide clearance for light bar.
- Reinstall seat buns (2).
- Feed 3rd brake light wire as follows: through trim panel, under convertible top, to trunk surround, where access to decklid 3rd light wires are. Left front corner of decklid surround. The wires will be split loom.
- Use light blue t-connectors to tap into decklid 3rd brake light. Test brake light. (+) Blue wire, (-) black wire. If it doesn't light up change wires to blue t-connectors. Light is polarized.
You may also be interested in . . .
Classic design light bar for late-model mustang convertibles adds a touch of shelby style.
Installation Instructions for Classic Speedster Tonneau
- Razor Blade
- 9/16" Wrench
- 9116" Socket
One of the oldest appearance mods for fox body stangs is to install a set of LX tail lights.
- Open Trunk.
- Remove four (4) "Christmas Tree" pushpins that hold plastic trim panel at striker plate and remove plastic trim.
- Remove two (2) plastic speed nuts (phillips head) one per side, directly behind each taillight in trunk. Remove trunk panel.
- Remove four (4) nuts per taillight housing (11 mm).
- Unplug wiring harness (one connection per light).
- Push grommets (one per light) with wiring harness through the sheet metal from inside to outside of trunk.
- Remove taillight housings from vehicle.
- With taillights on bench, remove bulbs and sockets from lights and remove harnesses completely.
- Install bulbs in modified harnesses (make sure to wipe bulbs with isopropyl alcohol to avoid bulb burnout from hand grease).
- Connect backup light bulbs and sockets to the lamp bodies first, then connect bulbs/sockets marked 1, then 2, and then J.
When your fox mustang gets along in years, one of the early things to go is the headliner.
You can do it with the trans in the car, despite other people's claims. I've actually done it so I know it's possible.