Remove Stock Side Rocker Moldings:
- Remove plastic strip along top of rocker. Access by opening door.
- Remove Christmas tree fasteners along bottom of rockers at pinch weld, save for re-use.
- Remove screws form end of rockers one in each well opening. Top edge of rockers between front wheel opening and door and rear wheel opening and door is held on with aggressive clips, you will have to get a good grip and pull upward and out from vehicle. Remove all clips from car body.
Check fit of Classic Exhaust Rockers to the Body.
Make sure two screw holes in wheel openings and holes for plastic securing strip in door opening, line up with holes in the body.
Fit front and rear spatz to car, using stock screw in wheel opening. Note: Rear spatz only on Cobra.
Paint Classic Exhaust Rockers andSpatz.
Note: To maintain the quality appearance of product and vehicle, have your kit painted by a professional automotive paint facility.
Remove Stock Exhaust.
- Cut tail pipe over axle with sawsall and remove tail pipe (unless you are changing springs, you will not be able to remove exhaust system whole.)
- Unbolt stock exhaust form the "H" pipe and slide rear hangers off their rubber grommets, and you will reuse the upper grommet only.
- Clean areas behind front wheel openings and in front of rear wheel openings where acrylic tape contacts the car and wipe with isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol to remove any wax.
- Pull red backing off of acrylic tape, line up rocker covers to body & screw holes and press into place. Install screws, plastic strip and Christmas tree fasteners; do not install a Christmas tree fastener in the rear most rocker hole.
- Install front and rear spatz: remember to clean area with isopropyl alcohol. Attach spatz to fasica using stock screw in wheel opening, peel red backing off and adhere to fascia. Drill ¼" hole into bottom of fascia where spatz tabs contact and install Christmas tree push pins supplied with kit. Repeat process at all corners.
- Bolt cast aluminum tips to the 2 rear most pinch weld holes using 5/16" x 2" bolts. Use washers to shim tip to desired depth in rocker opening.
- Place Classic Exhaust System tail pipe into tip and rotate assembly into place. Place muffler hanger into stock rubber grommet. Connect intermediate pipe to vehicles "H" pipe do not tighten yet.
- Tighten exhaust system at "H" pipe. Tighten clamps at intermediate pipe maintaining approximately 1" clearance between tail pipe and floor pan. Check tip alignment adjust if necessary install _" x 1" x 20" jamb bolts into each side of tip, use a thread locker on bolt.
- Install steel muffler hanger on passenger side with nuts and bolts supplied. The location holes are directly opposite of driver sides. Holes are already in body. There are 2 rubber grommets on driver side use 1 for driver and the other for passenger.
- Bolt cast aluminum tips to the rear most pinch weld holes using 5/16" x 2" bolts. Use washers to shim tip to desired depth in rocker opening.
- Place Classic tail pipe into tip and rotate muffler into place. Place rear muffler hanger into rubber grommet. Repeat for other side.
- With both mufflers in tips and rubber grommets, slide "Y" pipe over intermediate pipes (forward facing pipes from mufflers) and attach "Y" pipe to stock "Y" pipe.
- Tighten exhaust system at "Y" pipe. Clamps on intermediate pipes maintain approximately 1" clearance between tail pipe and floor pan. Check tip alignment, adjust if necessary. Install _" x 1" x 20" jamb bolts into each side of tip, use a thread locker on bolt.